Sunday, April 17, 2011

i forgot to post this last april 14, 2011

[I’m here at the Chocolate Kiss writing this entry. This is, by the way, our favorite hangout spot here in UP. Apparently it’s not as quiet as it used to be with all the construction and renovation going on. The others haven’t arrived yet so I thought I should cook something up while I’m still alone.]

Today is April 14. I used to remember this day because it’s the birthday of my first crush. It was back in kindergarten when I first met her; she was my classmate. We always shared the big table along with three other classmates – we were the biggest kids in class. Funny, I can’t seem to recall who the other three were; it was just her that I would always remember. In 2nd grade, every quarter, there would be a reshuffling of seating arrangement. But we would always be seated together. When we moved up to the higher levels of elementary, I apparently told her and of course there was a very big awkwardness that separated us. Of course the feelings faded in time. In high school, we became classmates again, and the teasing continued. I just played along with other people’s jokes, and I wasn’t much affected by it. Although there were times when I thought, what if I still liked her until then? But I couldn’t answer it myself; it didn’t seem plausible. Years had gone by, and I was informally invited to her 18th birthday. Just for kicks, obviously. It was a great night though. The giveaway cupcake was scrumptious. And yes, Akazukin Cha Cha was still her favorite anime.

Mica, if you’re reading this I hope it wouldn’t bother you. Happy birthday! I hope you have a great one. God bless.

Best wishes,

R.

No comments:

Post a Comment